Building and Fire Safety
The Building and Fire Safety Department ensures quality construction for the Town’s residents by regulating building construction and building occupancy. We enforce the Town’s building, fire, electrical, mechanical, plumbing and energy ordinances. We also enforce other applicable state and local laws and ordinances.
Additionally, the Building and Fire Safety Department oversees:
- Maintenance of the Town’s Desert Awareness Park and the Cave Creek Rodeo Grounds.
- Is responsible for fleet management of the Town’s vehicles and Public Works’ heavy equipment.
- Is responsible for maintenance of all Town property.
Cave Creek Town Hall Walk-In Traffic is Restricted Due to COVID-19, and only one person will be allowed in the lobby at a time.
Start Here For Permitting Information:
1. WATER SERVICE
NEW CONSTRUCTION CONNECTING TO CITY WATER SERVICES MUST COMPLETE THE WATER WILL SERVE REQUEST PRIOR TO PERMIT SUBMITTAL
Cave Creek Water Will Serve Request Form
2. FIRE SPRINKLERS
PLEASE BE AWARE FIRE SPRINKLERS ARE REQUIRED PER Cave Creek Town Code Chapter 151, Section 151.06 3
SPRINKLER PERMITS are obtained by contacting RURAL METRO FIRE DEPARTMENT
For information please call:
Rural Metro Fire Prevention Dennis Rohrman Telephone (602) 677-4421
8455 N Pima Rd Scottsdale, AZ 85258
(All other fire code review is performed by the Town of Cave Creek Fire Code Official)
There will be a fee charged by Rural Metro for their review and approval.
**For projects with a fire suppression system, approval will need to be obtained from Rural Metro and provided to the Building Inspector PRIOR to ROUGH FRAME INSPECTION.
3. BUILDING CODES
*Effective January 1, 2019; The Town of Cave Creek has adopted the 2018 I-Codes and the 2017 National Electric Code*
(Free Public Access Links to Code Books)
- 2018 International Building Code
- 2018 International Residential Code
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fire Code
- 2018 International Existing Building Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code
- 2018 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 National Electric Code
See link on left hand side of screen titled "Town Code Ch 151-Amended Building Regulations" or here 2018 Adopted Code Amendments (PDF)
Please note: Plan review will not be performed on any drawings stamped "NOT FOR CONSTRUCTION".
NOTICE TO DEVELOPERS/BUILDERS REGARDING PRODUCTION HOME REQUIREMENTS