• The Town’s Stormwater Management Program (SWMP) describes the programs and activities implemented to help reduce pollution associated with stormwater runoff and non-stormwater discharges to the maximum extent practicable. This Annual Report summarizes the following SWMP activities for the reporting period: Stormwater sampling and testing
• Inspections of outfalls and field screening points
• Activities associated with construction from commencement until final stabilization for town capital improvement projects.
• Activities associated with industrial and maintenance facilities owned and operated by the town
• Inspections of private industrial and commercial facilities
• Analysis of the annual SWMP expenditures during the reporting period
The Stormwater Management Section works in cooperation with other Town departments (Engineering, Public Works, and the Building and Fire Safety Department) to meet additional permit goals. For example, the Engineering and Public Works Department are responsible for maintenance of storm drains and washes, cleaning the streets and catch basins, as well as creating maps of the Town’s stormwater system. The Engineering, Building and Fire Safety Department’s monitor construction sites for stormwater compliance. The Office of Environmental Programs coordinates Town employee training and evaluates Town facilities for compliance with stormwater requirements.
If you are interested in additional information, have questions, or see illegal dumping, contact the Town of Cave Creek’s Stormwater Management Program at 480-488-6619.