Click here to view the October 18th Regular Council Meeting Agenda, which includes the following outline on a presentation being given by Rounds Consulting Group on fire and emergency related services for the Town of Cave Creek.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 18, 2021 COUNCIL MEETING 6:00PM
- Rounds Consulting Group (RCG) will begin with a 15-20 minute presentation to the Town Council and the public. The following is a detailed list of the matters to be presented and then discussed following the presentation:
- Review Cave Creek’s overall expenditures and revenues for context.
- Review the Town’s vacant land for future development potential.
- Discuss how various changes to the modeling inputs; such as including a recession scenario, displaying high vs baseline growth opportunities, and impacts from inflation.
- Review of 10-year and 20-year sales and property tax forecasts.
- Address long term vs short term planned costs.
- Analyze the extent the current revenue base may artificially elevated due to high levels of government stimulus.
- Discuss the short-, mid- and long-term risks to the revenue base.
- Provide broader business cycle information and tie to the forecast.
- Discuss best practices and restrictions as they relate to local budgeting issues.
- Discuss elasticity issues (how high tax rates might impact growth).
- Compare the Town’s tax rates and fees with neighboring communities.
- Combine the previous bullet points regarding how everything being considered interrelates.
- Council Members will have an opportunity to ask questions of the consultant.
- Public Questions, Comments and Suggestions-All members of the Public are encouraged to participate in a discussion with the Consultants and Council Members.
- Other points may also be discussed to gather input from Council and the public.
ATTENDING IN PERSON:
Join the discussion in person to add your thoughts/suggestions and/or ask questions pertaining to Fire and Emergency Services and join the discussion pertaining to funding of those services.
Anyone attending in person that prefers not to speak in public may submit their questions in writing to the Town Clerk to be read aloud so the consultants may answer your questions and discuss your suggestions.
ATTENDING BY ZOOM:
Join the discussion by letting us know you wish to speak by completing a comment card containing your name and phone number by 2pm prior to the meeting on Monday. To submit the comment card go to: www.cavecreekaz.gov/comment. For assistance with the online comment card, or for any other technical difficulties, please call 480-437-3580.